|NexTech Practice 2012, v. 9.9 is certified to support meaningful use. NexTech is committed to helping NexTech EMR clients claim Meaningful Use and was among the first EMR Companies to receive CCHIT for ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 Certification. This step-by-step user-guide will help you on the way to claiming Meaningful Use.
What is "Meaningful Use"?
Meaningful Use is defined by The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 as the use of a certifed EHR in ways that can be measured significantly in quality and in quantity, such as:
- The use of a certified EHR in a meaningful manner, such as e-prescribing.
- The use of certified EHR technology for electronic exchange of health information to improve quality of health care.
- The use of certified EHR technology to submit clinical quality and other measures.
Getting Started [YEAR ONE]:
Meaningful Use - Step 1: Implementation and Registration
Meaningful Use - Step 2: Follow Meaningful Use Requirements for 90 Days
Meaningful Use - Step 3: Self-Attestation and the Medicare EHR Incentive Program
Meaningful Use - Step 4: CMS Disburses EHR Incentive Payments
NexTech Practice 2012, v. 9.9 is a ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 Complete EHR certified against the Eligible Provider certification criteria. NexTech Practice 2012, v.9.9 is a CCHIT Certified® 2011 Ambulatory EHR additionally certified for Dermatology.
NexTech practice 2012 version 9.9, certification number CC-1112-998990-2 meets the following certification criteria:
- NQF 0421 Adult Weight Screening & Follow-Up
- NQF 0013 Hypertension Blood Pressure Measurement
- NQF 0028 Tobacco Use Assessment and Cessation
- NQF 0041 Influenza Immunization
- NQF 0042 Weight Assessment and Counseling
- NQF 0038 Childhood Immunization Status
- NQF 0055 Diabetes: Eye Exam
- NQF 0062 Diabetes: Urine Screening
- NQF 0056 Diabetes: Foot Exam
*This Complete EHR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria for Eligible Providers adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. NexTech Practice 2012 version 9.9 was certified on October 13, 2010 and its certification number is CC-1112-998990-2. The clinical quality measures to which NexTech Practice 2012 has been certified include: NQF 0421, NQF 0013, NQF 0028, NQF 0041, NQF 0024, NQF 0038, NQF 0055, NQF 0056, and NQF 0062. The additional software NexTech Practice 2012 relied upon to demonstrate compliance includes: WinHasher for 170.302(s) and 7-zip for 170.302(u) and 170.302(v).