Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Information is collected through the following methods:
- Directly from you: through information that you enter into our websites or through products and services that you purchase
- Indirectly from you: through observing your actions on our website
Your information is used for the following purposes
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Fulfill the reason you provided the information
- Create, maintain and secure your account with us
- Process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our users in a deidentified aggregate format— this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Fulfill any requests you have made, for example for information or for registration for an event
- Evaluate your application for a position with Nextech and contacting you during the recruitment process
The right to know what information we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we disclose information to you about:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The specific pieces of personal information that were collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
The right to request deletion of your data:
You have the right to request that we delete any of personal information that we have collected about you unless an exception applies. We may deny you request if we must retain the information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’ ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the business’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
The right to request a list of any sale or disclosure of your personal information for a business purchase. Nextech does not sell personal information but we may disclose it for a business purpose such as the sending of marketing materials. If you request a disclosure you will receive:
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has sold, or if the business has not sold consumers’ personal information, it shall disclose that fact.
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has disclosed for a business purpose, or if the business has not disclosed the consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, it shall disclose that fact.
The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information
Nextech does not sell personal information. In the past 12 months Nextech has not received any remuneration for sharing data with another entity.
The right to be free from discrimination.
Nextech will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under this title, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Requests will be delivered free of charge within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request from the consumer. Disclosures will cover the 12-month preceding period and may be requested up to twice in a 12 month period.
If you have questions about this notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA please contact us through one of the methods below.
Call us at (800) 967-2279 and ask to speak with the Privacy Officer
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at:
Privacy Officer: Nextech Systems
4221 Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa FL, 33607