Award recognitions, new hires and product innovation helps health care technology solutions provider accelerate continued growth
TAMPA, Fla., November 20, 2017 – Nextech Systems, a leading provider of health care technology solutions for specialty physician practices, is pleased to announce a wide variety of corporate wins and company recognition moving into Q4 this year. The Tampa-based company has continued an outstanding growth trajectory this year, expanding with the support of a variety of industry and local award recognitions, new product announcements and crucial new hires. Nextech and its employees have been recognized with various industry- and community-based awards, including the following:
- Tampa Bay Technology Forum: Nextech was named the Tampa Bay Technology Company of the Year during the 14th annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards, and was also honored as a finalist for the Technology Project of the Year award. Additionally, Nextech's CTO, Tommy Richardson, was nominated for a third award—Technology Executive of the Year—solidifying Nextech as the company with the most nominations for this year's Tampa Bay Tech honors.
- CIO of the Year award: Tommy Richardson, Nextech’s Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Technology, has been recognized as a 2017 CIO of the Year award finalist by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. The award recognizes valued IT leaders from across the community for their dedication to company growth, technological innovations and community service. Richardson’s strategic leadership and deep investment in maintaining Nextech’s cutting-edge market reputation has made him an integral team member and asset to Nextech and the Tampa Bay community.
- Business Woman of the Year award: Rhonda Russell, Nextech’s Chief Operating Officer, was recently named a finalist in the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 2017 Business Woman of the Year awards. The awards recognize top businesswomen for their contributions to the local area and surrounding business communities. Rhonda’s work to streamline Nextech’s implementation process eliminated nearly 40 percent of the company’s implementation process, helping customers get up and running with their electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management (PM) solutions more quickly and easily.
- IRIS® Registry: Consistently a market-leader since its creation, IntelleChartPRO was recently named an EHR Collaborator through The American Academy of Ophthalmology IRIS® Registry (Intelligent Research in Sight). IntelleChartPRO is a leader on the Registry being #1 in number of registered practices.
- People First Award: Nextech was recently declared a finalist for Tampa Bay Business Journal’s inaugural People First HR award. Nextech’s HR team—led by Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Rebecca Sanford—is proud to be considered for an award that acknowledges the vital work human resource professionals perform in order for their company to be successful and positively impact its employees and the community.
"Our award-winning leadership team sets an example of industry excellence for the entire company while giving us an innovative vision for improving our products and our processes at Nextech," said Mike Scarbrough, president and CEO of Nextech. "We are thrilled with the exceptional talent that our company culture has attracted, and that each Nextech employee feels empowered to lead and contribute new, creative ideas that will amplify our success."
Further solidifying Nextech’s growth and ongoing momentum, the company has filled more than 80 new positions since January, increasing its employee count by more than 10 percent. With this progress, Nextech continues building its product portfolio, concentrating on customer input and innovation. This year alone, Nextech has launched a variety of new products that meet health care providers' needs in the areas of reporting, data analytics, cloud connectivity and practice security. Additionally, Nextech completed industry compliance testing and certification ahead of schedule—further touting its commitment to exceeding industry standards and delivering cutting-edge software to its users.
"These fresh concepts help us deliver best-in-class solutions to our users—solutions that solve everyday problems and enhance the quality of life for both our physicians and their patients," said Scarbrough. "We look forward to continuing to set the industry standard for success and innovation in the coming years."
To learn more about Nextech's newest health care technology solutions, visit www.nextech.com.
Nextech is the complete health care technology solution for specialty providers. Since 1997, Nextech has been focused on delivering intelligent, intuitive, integrated solutions that empower specialty physicians to maximize efficiency, optimize charting accuracy and increase overall practice profitability. Nextech services more than 7,000 physicians and over 50,000 office staff members in the clinical specialties of Ophthalmology, Dermatology and Plastic Surgery.